Sunday, January 15, 2012

Baked Sweet Potatoe Fries


Do you want to hear something gross? When I was younger (like 12-ish) I used to get the extra large fries from McDonalds (Think an extra large soft drink cup filled with fries) and a large milkshake and call it lunch. Isn't that awful? I didn't realize at the time that was like 6000 calories but to be honest I probably didn't care. Oh, young/fast metabolism. Come back to me. Anyways, I still LOVE fries and splurge occasionally  However, these sweet potato fries easily fill that craving and are the perfect side dish for sandwiches/burgers/etc. Because some things just NEED  a side of fries and no salad can substitute that. So here's my go-to recipe for fry emergencies.

1. Preheat oven to 400 Degrees.
2. Peel one large sweet potato and chop into (somewhat) equal strips. I have a horrible time trying to make the strips equal. Sigh.
3. Coat with sea salt and 1 tbsp. EVOO. You can experiment with different seasonings here, like rosemary or chili powder or pepper. I prefer the classic way, though. Because some things are fine the way they are, okay?


4. Place on a cooking sheet and spread out so that the fries aren't overlapping.


It's pretty embarrassing when you state not to let the fries overlap and then you post a picture where some fries are in fact overlapping. Just try to get past it.

5. Bake about 10 minutes (or until soft)
6. Broil on low for 2-3 minutes or until crispy. Be careful they don't burn!
7. Enjoy! This made about 3 servings.

Nutritional information: 100 calories, 4g fat.

No comments:

Post a Comment